Pursuant to Section 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree no.196 of 30 June 2003 on the protection of personal data, as amended from time to time (hereinafter referred to as the “Code”), We HSBC Bank plc, Milan branch (hereinafter “HSBC” or “We” or “Us”), in our quality as Data Controller (as defined in Section 4.1(f) of the Code), hereby inform you about the use, disclosure, processing, storage and transfer of your Personal Data (as defined in the Code) provided by you through the use of this website (the “Site”) and about your rights as Data Subject pursuant to Section 7 of the Code.
By using this Site you consent to the use of your Personal Data as described below.
We may, as a result of your interaction with the Site, hold and process Personal Data and information obtained about you when you leave your identification data and contact information on the Site for Us to contact you. In such case We will use it for the purposes for which it was provided by you, to contact you in regards to your query, in each case in accordance with the Code. In particular We will use your Personal Data:
- to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- to provide you with better customer services and products.
- to comply with laws, international guidance and internal policies or procedures, and with any demand and/or requests from governmental, judicial bodies, agencies and regulatory authorities.
We may transfer your Personal Data to other members of the HSBC Group or agents within or outside the European Union only in such ways as are permitted by applicable law.
To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to Us, We have adopted the following privacy principles:
- All Personal Data that is collected and processed through the use of the Site is handled in compliance with the Code and any other applicable law.
- We may transfer your Personal Data to other HSBC Group companies or agents, within or outside the European Union, only as permitted by law.
- We will not disclose your Personal Data to any external organization unless We have your consent or are required to do so by operation of law or by order of the Judiciary or of any public Authority having jurisdiction on us.
- We aim to keep your information up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your information by anyone, including our staff.
- All Group companies, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
Your rights pursuant to Section 7 of the Code
We reproduce here under the contents of Section 7 of the Code, which provides you with the following rights and options.
- A Data Subject shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning him exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- A Data Subject shall have the right to be informed:
- of the source of the Personal Data;
- of the purposes and methods of the processing;
- of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means;
- of the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative;
- of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the Personal Data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
- A Data Subject shall have the right to obtain:
- updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data;
- erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed;
- certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
- A Data Subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part:
- on legitimate grounds, to the processing of Personal Data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection;
- to the processing of Personal Data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
All the queries relating to personal data can be addressed by emailing.
The owner of the Site and the Data Controller of the processing of the Personal Data collected through the Site is HSBC Bank plc - Succursale di Milano, Via Mike Bongiorno 13, 20124 Milano, Italia and registered in the Companies’ Register of Milan with number 1187476.
We can be contacted at: HSBC Bank plc - Succursale di Milano, Via Mike Bongiorno 13, 20124 Milano, Italia, (Telephone number: +39 02 72437600, Fax: +39 (0) 272437800).